Monday 19 March 2012

The Great Giffoni - Excerpts from a Magic Show - March 19, 2012

You know what?  A song a week is hard. Between settling on a song and finding time to do it, things can get tricky.  I could just whip off any old thing, but I want to make this good for me and hopefully for you.  This was an insane- ly busy weekend and part of the busy weekend was play- ing a show with The Great Giffoni on Sunday afternoon at the Art Gallery of Victoria. Employing savvy management of time & schedule, I decided to make the show my song of the week.  Every now and then, when he can't find someone better-looking and more talented, the mysterious master of magic, The Great Giffoni himself, calls upon me to provide the musical accompaniment for his illusionistic spectacle.  Ahhh, but who is this Great Giffoni you say?  Don't ask me!  For fear has sealed my lips!  All I can say is this:  The Great Giffoni has been confounding and confusing Vancouver Island audiences with his potent mix of illusion, theatrics, sleight of hand, comedy, and animal husbandry for a long, long, long time...................some say since  Time itself began.

Picture Above: Autumn's Cold Comfort Party  /  Picture Below: Mayne Fall Fair                                       



"But it's out of season!!!"

So here's a link to a video of excerpts from the show yesterday....magic, warts, and all




No comments:

Post a Comment