Sunday 13 March 2016

Song A Week 2016 - Look In Yer Heart

I didn't do a song last week and man, the outcry!  Wow.  The reason was that last week's song was destined to be a remix of a Grampa Big Balls recording titled Tip Of A Red Hot Penis that I made some years ago   Remixing?  A breeze. All fine and dandy.  Then I started making the video for the sound piece, comprised of thousands of stills, each displayed anywhere from .11 of a second to .22 of a second.   The collection of images alone has been a time consuming process and when I finally got to making the video, it took me 8 hours to make one minute and forty seconds of video....for a six minute noise piece.

So it has become apparent that that particular piece will be an ongoing work and I figured I'd better get back on the horse.  Before the horse keeled over and drowned in a ditch.  I've been singing this number from the past and decided to give it a whirl......a reboot of an old Dogbreath Brothers song, Look In Yer Heart.


Funny how a song changes through the lens of twenty years.  Here it is.  
And yah, that's Jerome presiding over the recording.


  
Look In Yer Heart
words and music by David P. Smith

Don't go lookin for yourself in a bottle
you'll just crash and burn
you won't find yourself in a reefer
when will you ever learn
You ain't funny when you're wasted
you don't talk too smart
Next time you go lookin for yourself
try lookin in yer heart

I'll throw you down
to the ground
kick you in the back
kick you 'til you hork and hack
and cough up your soul so black

You see yourself in the TV
but it ain't really you
Don't go lookin in some magazine
to tell you what to do
You don't need no gurus
them fellas don't talk so smart
Next time you go lookin for yourself
try lookin in your heart

I'll pick you up by the collar
and give your head a slap
don't give me no backtalk
I'm tired of your crap

You can check out the Dogbreath Brothers version here:     Look In Yer Heart  

No comments:

Post a Comment